- What is M-Pesa?
M-Pesa is a payment system created in Kenya by the mobile operator Safaricom. It's a branchless banking service, allowing users to perform the most popular banking transactions without visiting a financial institution's office. Simply put, it is a payment system that allows you to use your mobile phone to manage your finances: to deposit, withdraw, transfer money, and pay for goods and services online.
- How can I make a payment using M-Pesa?
- Sign in to your account
- Go to the "Deposit" section
- Choose your country
- Find the M-Pesa logo and select it by clicking on it
- Enter the deposit amount
- Insert your phone number and click “Pay”
- You'll be redirected to the M-Pesa page
- Review your transaction and confirm it
- In the appeared window, you'll need to enter your phone number, which you used to register with M-Pesa (e.g., +254 for Kenya, +255 for Tanzania)
- Follow the instructions on your mobile phone to complete the process
Once the payment is successfully completed, you will be redirected to our website. You’ll receive the funds in your account within a couple of minutes.
- Are there any fees associated with the Deposit?
For our part, we don't charge any additional fees, nor does M-Pesa.
- What currencies are supported by M-Pesa?
M-Pesa settlements are made in Kenyan shillings (KES).
- In which countries is M-Pesa available?
M-Pesa constantly expands its geography, and currently, it's available in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC), Kenya, and Tanzania.
- How long does it take to transfer money into my account?
M-Pesa ensures instant money transfers.
- Is it safe to use M-Pesa?
M-Pesa offers a safe and secure way to pay, receive, transfer and store money. PIN-based texts are used to secure transactions, and mobile provider Safaricom reviews transactions using a bank-grade security model. Additionally, in order to ensure the security of customer deposits, Safaricom puts a guaranteed amount (equivalent to customer deposits) into commercial bank accounts.
- Can I make a withdrawal using M-Pesa?
Yes, M-Pesa operates as a withdrawal method.